For the people can not activate vim-latex suite

  • clarkbai
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 6:49 AM
      This is the first post in this group.

      I am a totally jackeroo for vim. Today, I spent the whole morning
      checking why my macvim can not invoke vim-latex suite when I open .tex
      file. Simply speaking, for me, the solution is to copy the content of
      each file in 'vim-latex suite', and then paste respectively into
      corresponding file in 'runtime' file which is in .vim. I guess some of
      you are same as me, just copy the whole file in the patch. At least,
      it does not work for me. Following work can be done with the previous
      posts.

      Hope this will help some persons.

      A question: how to use shortcut key in 'vim-latex suite'?

      Bai

    • Ted Pavlic
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 5:11 AM
        > I am a totally jackeroo for vim. Today, I spent the whole morning
        > checking why my macvim can not invoke vim-latex suite when I open .tex
        > file. Simply speaking, for me, the solution is to copy the content of

        This problem has nothing to do with MacVim and everything to do with
        Vim7. However, the solution has been well-documented (though it remains
        a frequently asked question here and in other places).

        See:

        http://phaseportrait.blogspot.com/2008/03/vim-latex-vim-70-and-filetype-plugin.html

        As discussed, you should add the line

        let g:tex_flavor='latex'

        to your ~/.vimrc file.

        I think that will solve your problems.

        > Hope this will help some persons.
        >
        > A question: how to use shortcut key in 'vim-latex suite'?

        You need to be more specific. Also, you may want to read the help files
        that come with the suite. In particular, check out:

        :help latex-suite

        which gives help about the LaTeX suite. It will answer most of your
        questions. You might also be interested in:

        :help latex

        which gives you help on LaTeX in general.

        --Ted

        --
        Ted Pavlic <ted@...>