Patch: Quickstart automatically detects changes to vimrc/gvimrc

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2008

      I implemented a patch that will automatically rebuild the preload
      cache if the user has modified their vimrc/gvimrc files. It is my
      hope that in 99% of the cases this will make the "Force New Window"
      menu entry redundant. The effect of this patch is that you can modify
      your rc-files, save, Cmd-n, and immediately see the changes you made
      (to make the quickstart feature more transparent). It has the
      negative side-effect that the first window opened after an rc-file has
      been modified will not open instantaneously.

      This patch does not cover cases where the vimrc/gvimrc files sources
      external files and these are modified, nor does it monitor changes to
      the ~/.vim folder in any way. I'm not sure how much of a problem this
      is. (It _does_ work even if you name your rc-files _vimrc/_gvimrc
      instead of .vimrc/.gvimrc.)

      The attached patch should be applied AFTER the one I sent out in my

      gmn: Since you seem most actively interested in this feature I ask you
      to try this patch out and tell me what you think. (Of course, I
      appreciate feedback from anybody. ;-)

      Thanks,