Patch for no window bug with quickstart

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
      Hi,

      I did some modifications to the startup code for the quickstart
      feature which hopefully fixes the bug where no window would show up
      after Cmd-n was pressed (and on Cmd-q MacVim would complain that the
      window actually was there).

      gmn: This patch is mostly for you to try out...do you think you could
      apply it and see if that fixes the problems you were having?

      Thanks,

    • dv1445@wayne.edu
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
        Thus spake björn [08/02/08 @ 19.52.36 +0200]:
        > I did some modifications to the startup code for the quickstart
        > feature which hopefully fixes the bug where no window would show up
        > after Cmd-n was pressed (and on Cmd-q MacVim would complain that the
        > window actually was there).
        >
        > gmn: This patch is mostly for you to try out...do you think you could
        > apply it and see if that fixes the problems you were having?

        Sure. Where is the patch?
        -gmn

      • dv1445@wayne.edu
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
          Thus spake björn [08/02/08 @ 19.53.27 +0200]:
          > 2008/8/2 björn <bjorn.winckler@...>:
          > >
          > > I did some modifications to the startup code for the quickstart
          > > feature which hopefully fixes the bug where no window would show up
          > > after Cmd-n was pressed (and on Cmd-q MacVim would complain that the
          > > window actually was there).
          > >
          > > gmn: This patch is mostly for you to try out...do you think you could
          > > apply it and see if that fixes the problems you were having?
          >
          > Sorry, I forgot to attach the patch...here it is.

          OK, it's been applied and compiled. I'll report back after some time to play around.
          -gmn