Patch for no window bug with quickstart

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008

      I did some modifications to the startup code for the quickstart
      feature which hopefully fixes the bug where no window would show up
      after Cmd-n was pressed (and on Cmd-q MacVim would complain that the
      window actually was there).

      gmn: This patch is mostly for you to try out...do you think you could
      apply it and see if that fixes the problems you were having?

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
        2008/8/2 björn <bjorn.winckler@...>:

        > I did some modifications to the startup code for the quickstart
        > feature which hopefully fixes the bug where no window would show up
        > after Cmd-n was pressed (and on Cmd-q MacVim would complain that the
        > window actually was there).
        >
        > gmn: This patch is mostly for you to try out...do you think you could
        > apply it and see if that fixes the problems you were having?

        Sorry, I forgot to attach the patch...here it is.

      • dv1445@wayne.edu
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
          Thus spake björn [08/02/08 @ 19.52.36 +0200]:
          > I did some modifications to the startup code for the quickstart
          > feature which hopefully fixes the bug where no window would show up
          > after Cmd-n was pressed (and on Cmd-q MacVim would complain that the
          > window actually was there).
          >
          > gmn: This patch is mostly for you to try out...do you think you could
          > apply it and see if that fixes the problems you were having?

          Sure. Where is the patch?
          -gmn

        • dv1445@wayne.edu
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
            Thus spake björn [08/02/08 @ 19.53.27 +0200]:
            > 2008/8/2 björn <bjorn.winckler@...>:
            > >
            > > I did some modifications to the startup code for the quickstart
            > > feature which hopefully fixes the bug where no window would show up
            > > after Cmd-n was pressed (and on Cmd-q MacVim would complain that the
            > > window actually was there).
            > >
            > > gmn: This patch is mostly for you to try out...do you think you could
            > > apply it and see if that fixes the problems you were having?
            >
            > Sorry, I forgot to attach the patch...here it is.

            OK, it's been applied and compiled. I'll report back after some time to play around.
            -gmn