Re: new vim binary for OS X (Jaguar)

  • Jason Alexander
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 12, 2003
      In the new binary, if I set the font to be Monaco (regular) at 12pt,
      the display looks rather different from my terminal window, which also
      has the font set to be Monaco (regular) at 12pt. The fonts in the
      terminal window are less ugly and a bit thicker, making them easier to
      read. What accounts for the difference in the two displays, and is it
      possible to get the displayed fonts in vim to match the appearance of
      those same fonts in the Terminal?

      Thanks,

      Jason

      --
      J. McKenzie Alexander
      Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 14, 2003
        Jason Alexander wrote:
        > In the new binary, if I set the font to be Monaco (regular) at 12pt, the
        > display looks rather different from my terminal window, which also has
        > the font set to be Monaco (regular) at 12pt. The fonts in the terminal
        > window are less ugly and a bit thicker, making them easier to read.
        > What accounts for the difference in the two displays, and is it possible
        > to get the displayed fonts in vim to match the appearance of those same
        > fonts in the Terminal?

        This is probably because Vim uses the older Quicktime rendering
        instead of Quartz. Peter Cucka is working on enabling Quartz in Vim.

        --Benji Fisher