Re: Vim locks up when `:so ~/_gvimrc` in fullscreen mode

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 26, 2008
      2008/7/21 björn <bjorn.winckler@...>:
      > 2008/7/21 Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...>:

      >>> Nico,
      >>>
      >>> I think you're going to have to send me your .gvimrc. For me nothing
      >>> bad happens if I source _my_ gvimrc in full-screen.
      >>
      >> http://codepad.org/vlKIBXPM
      >
      > Ok, I can reproduce it with your _gvimrc. Thanks for the report.

      I've pushed a patch which fixes this problem but it still looks a bit weird.

      If you source _gvimrc in full-screen (also works in windowed mode if
      you maximize the window first) then the window will go blank for a
      second, then the text returns. The problem is that when you source
      _gvimrc an error message is displayed (because a command has already
      been defined) but this error message is displayed using the number of
      lines that were in effect before sourcing the _gvimrc and since the
      _gvimrc changes the number of lines the row where the warning was
      supposed to go is invalid. It seems that before drawing the warning
      the screen is cleared and after drawing Vim waits for a second so that
      the user (almost) gets a chance to read the error message. This is
      why the screen goes blank for a second. I tried fixing this but there
      seems non-trivial to fix this so I just let it be. (I'm going to see
      if the same thing happens on Windows and the GTK ports later.)

      Anyway, at least the window does not "lock up" any longer.