Re: new binary for Vim (Carbon for OS X)

  • Gregory Seidman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2003
      Benji Fisher sez:
      } Gregory Seidman wrote:
      [...]
      } >I know you asked if anyone cared about 10.1 earlier, and I don't remember
      } >if I replied. In any case, I'd like to see a 10.1 version, if possible. I
      } >haven't bothered upgrading yet.
      }
      } OK, I will try to do it sooner rather than later. Maybe this week.

      Keen!

      } >How about just putting symlinks in the Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/bin
      } >directory, and give a scrap of code to add that to the user's path:
      } >
      } ># for csh/tcsh
      } >set path = ( /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/bin $path)
      } >
      } ># for sh/bash/zsh
      } >PATH=/Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/bin:$PATH
      } >export PATH
      }
      } That is an excellent idea, but it does not seem to work. When I
      } make a link (hard or symbolic) from MacOS/Vim to MacOS/gvim or to
      } MacOS/bin/gvim and then start it from this link, it refuses to come into
      } focus, even when I click on it. Any ideas on what is going on?

      Crap. That was just off the top of my head, without any testing. I
      didn't actually try it. Hm, and I can't until I have a 10.1-compatible
      app. I'll see what I can see with the older version I have installed.

      } --Benji Fisher
      --Greg