MacVim Git repository update

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2008
      Hi all,

      I am about to push the new Git repo which has rewritten history.
      Anybody pulling from the repo will have to take extra care next time
      you pull because of this. I think the easiest way to update your repo
      is to simply clone a new repo (and remove the old repo). This way
      you'll get a .git folder which is ~15 MB instead of the current ~110
      MB.

      If you have any local branches you'll have to work a little bit
      harder. Kevin Ballard outlined what needs to be done in the thread
      "massive git clone". Another alternative to his method is to simply
      checkout your local branch, do "git-format-patch master" and then save
      the patch series and apply it on a new branch in a newly cloned repo.
      If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

      In case somebody missed the reason why I had to rewrite the history:
      I accidentally added the entire 'runtime/spell' folder to the repo.
      This folder is >100 MB so the size of the repo all of a sudden jumped
      to well over 100 MB. The only way to undo this mistake was to rewrite
      the history.