Re: No CTRL_^ with german keyboard on 10.2.3

  • Dirk Zimmermann
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6 4:04 AM
      Hello,

      * Markus Fischer <fischer@...> [2003-02-06 12:36]:
      > Works fine with Carbon gvim (6.1.317 'official' binary) here, both on a
      > Powerbook and a PM G4 with a Pro Keyboard.

      Yes here too, but I like/need the teminal version as well.

      > It doesnt work in Terminal, even when i switch the keyboard layout to
      > US.

      That is a little bit strange. I guess you know, that ^ is placed on the
      6 key at US keyboard. Which terminal version do you use?

      Thanks so far,
      Dirk

      --
      The difference between theory and practice is that in theory is no
      difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6 4:24 AM
        On Thursday, Feb 6, 2003, at 13:04 Europe/Amsterdam, Dirk Zimmermann
        wrote:
        > Yes here too, but I like/need the teminal version as well.
        >
        >> It doesnt work in Terminal, even when i switch the keyboard layout to
        >> US.
        >
        > That is a little bit strange. I guess you know, that ^ is placed on the
        > 6 key at US keyboard. Which terminal version do you use?

        BTW for the people who like using VIM on OS X in the Terminal I can
        heartily recommend GLTerm. I mostly use VIM in a terminal, but I have
        felt that Apple Terminal was too slow when scrolling, and a lot
        keybindings was weird as some apps didn't know about 'Apple Terminal'
        as a recognized type.
        GLTerm behaves like an xterm-color, so it works very well. And for
        those lucky enough to have Queartz Extreme all the rendering is done
        using OpenGL.

        I only have a iBook 500 so no Extreme for me, but it is still faster
        than Apple Terminal for scrolling.

        See: http://www.pollet.net/GLterm/

        gr.

        Etienne
      • Markus Fischer
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6 5:28 AM
          Am Donnerstag, 06.02.03 um 13:04 Uhr schrieb Dirk Zimmermann:

          >> It doesnt work in Terminal, even when i switch the keyboard layout to
          >> US.
          >
          > That is a little bit strange. I guess you know, that ^ is placed on the
          > 6 key at US keyboard. Which terminal version do you use?

          The Ctrl-Shift-6 key works, ok, i tried the same key...
          Its the same version, i call it from the Resources folder in
          /Applications.
          I have another version (from fink) installed, same behaviour, US
          Keymapping works.

          Both versions called in xterm from the Apple X11 Beta work with Ctrl-6,
          but i have a
          .Xmodmap(downloaded somewhere) for that.

          Mit freundlichem Gruss

          Markus Fischer <fischer@...>
          MSNET phone +49 234 90200
          Dorstener Str. 347 fax +49 234 9020222