Piping output through mvim?

  • David Zhou
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
      Does mvim support piping?

      echo "blah"|mvim gives me an empty window.

      ---
      David Zhou
      david@...

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hi,

        > Does mvim support piping?
        >
        > echo "blah"|mvim gives me an empty window.

        yes, it does (since shortly before snapshot 20). You have to tell mvim
        to read input from stdin, like so: `echo "bla" | mvim -`. The dash
        tells mvim to read from stdin (that's how gvim works on other
        platforms, too).

        Nico