OT: killing spam messages to the list

  • Alex Esplin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
      Warning: Off Topic.

      Is anyone else getting some of these spam messages that are coming to the list?

      If I hit "report spam" on these in gmail's web client, will it report
      the spammer or the list?

      --
      Alex Esplin

    • Yongwei Wu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
        2008/7/2 Alex Esplin <alex.esplin@...>:

        > Warning: Off Topic.
        >
        > Is anyone else getting some of these spam messages that are coming to the list?
        >
        > If I hit "report spam" on these in gmail's web client, will it report
        > the spammer or the list?

        It may be better to go to http://groups.google.com, find the message,
        and report it there. I assume it works better for group messages.
        However, I am really concerned that many obvious spam messages now
        pass Google's spam filter (last time I saw a typical porn message,
        which I suppose even a naive filter should eliminate it).

        Best regards,

        Yongwei

        --
        Wu Yongwei