Re: Fwd: Issue 87: OS X File Dialogs Don't Track vim pwd

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
      2008/6/30 Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...>:

      >> "Open dialog should track vim pwd"
      >
      > Sorry for reviving this ancient thread, but I just stumbled upon
      > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip753 . In short: `set
      > browsedir=current` should tell the open dialog to use the pwd, `=last`
      > should make the dialog remember the last directory opened in the
      > dialog (this is the default setting of browsedir), and `=buffer`
      > should use the directory of the current file. Since this option
      > exists, http://repo.or.cz/w/MacVim.git?a=commit;h=d2db0a95f5954ab8bf54b740d1b1c48ae2842adf
      > should be reverted, and `browsedir` could be set to `current` instead
      > (but since there's an option, everyone can set it as they want, so it
      > should probably keep its default setting).

      If we revert this commit, then the last dir as determined by Cocoa is
      always used (if 'browsedir' is left to its default at least). We will
      still want the user default this commit introduced to be able to
      override that.

      Also, this commit properly implements the gui_mch_browse() function if
      "initdir=NULL". We don't want to revert that.

      The only other thing this commit does is to check to above mentioned
      user default when "File->Open" is used. We should perhaps instead
      check the value of 'browsedir' for this instead of always using the
      current dir?

      I hope I made my case that the commit should be kept, but that we
      should instead fix the "File->Open" menu (i.e. the fileOpen: action
      message).