Won't launch from Dock in Jaguar

  • Jim Hart
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2003
      On my Apple PowerBook G4 (Titanium) running Mac OS X 10.2.3 and Vim
      binary vimJag6.1.184, Vim launches fine if I double-click in Finder.
      But, if I drag Vim to the Dock and then try to launch it from the Dock
      icon, it makes a separate temporary icon in the Dock, starts to launch,
      then quits.

      Jim Hart, Project Manager
      Academic Technology Services
      Library and Information Services
      Bates College
      Lewiston, Maine, USA
    • Markus Fischer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2003
        Am Mittwoch, 22.01.03 um 16:27 Uhr schrieb Jim Hart:

        > On my Apple PowerBook G4 (Titanium) running Mac OS X 10.2.3 and Vim
        > binary vimJag6.1.184, Vim launches fine if I double-click in Finder.
        > But, if I drag Vim to the Dock and then try to launch it from the Dock
        > icon, it makes a separate temporary icon in the Dock, starts to
        > launch, then quits.

        Try to empty your trashcan if you had a previous(older)
        version of vim installed before.
        Or remove the dock icon, start vim by doubleclicking in
        the finder and ctrl-click on that icon and select 'Keep in Dock' from
        the context menu.

        If all this will not help, try a restart(uhh) or a logout/login and try
        again.

        Mit freundlichem Gruss

        Markus Fischer <fischer@...>
        MSNET phone +49 234 90200