Re: Initial Plugin Architecture patch

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
      >> from the patch this looks as if there will be a menu item inserted
      >> called "Plug-Ins" when there's at least one plug-in. Many vim plugins
      >> (NERDCommenter, Rails, VCSCommand) put stuff into a global "Plugin"
      >> menu. So if you have both MacVim plugins and those plugins, you'll
      >> have both "Plugin" and "Plug-Ins" in your menu bar. This is weird.
      >
      > Yep. Have a suggestion as to an alternative?

      The MacVim plugins menu could be called "Plugin" as well, and contain
      vim plugin menu entries at the bottom, after a separator. I.e.:

      Plugins:
      General MacVim plugin stuff
      separator
      list of MacVim plugins
      separator
      menu entries of vim plugins

      Nico

    • Matt Tolton
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
        > Plugins:
        > General MacVim plugin stuff
        > separator
        > list of MacVim plugins
        > separator
        > menu entries of vim plugins

        I assume "list of MacVim plugins" just means "menu entries added by
        MacVim plugins"? Is that correct?

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
          >> Plugins:
          >> General MacVim plugin stuff
          >> separator
          >> list of MacVim plugins
          >> separator
          >> menu entries of vim plugins
          >
          > I assume "list of MacVim plugins" just means "menu entries added by
          > MacVim plugins"? Is that correct?

          Yes.

        • George Harker
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
            Plugin stuff looks awesome.

            One small thing - I couldn't tell how to reopen the drawer if I close
            it. I may just be stupidly missing it

            Cheers

            George

            On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:

            >>> Plugins:
            >>> General MacVim plugin stuff
            >>> separator
            >>> list of MacVim plugins
            >>> separator
            >>> menu entries of vim plugins
            >>
            >> I assume "list of MacVim plugins" just means "menu entries added by
            >> MacVim plugins"? Is that correct?
            >
            > Yes.

          • Matt Tolton
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
              Hi George,

              > One small thing - I couldn't tell how to reopen the drawer if I close
              > it. I may just be stupidly missing it

              Right now there isn't a way to reopen it. I will be adding this sometime soon.

              Matt