Re: Initial Plugin Architecture patch

  • Matt Tolton
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
      > from the patch this looks as if there will be a menu item inserted
      > called "Plug-Ins" when there's at least one plug-in. Many vim plugins
      > (NERDCommenter, Rails, VCSCommand) put stuff into a global "Plugin"
      > menu. So if you have both MacVim plugins and those plugins, you'll
      > have both "Plugin" and "Plug-Ins" in your menu bar. This is weird.

      Yep. Have a suggestion as to an alternative?

      Matt

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
        >> from the patch this looks as if there will be a menu item inserted
        >> called "Plug-Ins" when there's at least one plug-in. Many vim plugins
        >> (NERDCommenter, Rails, VCSCommand) put stuff into a global "Plugin"
        >> menu. So if you have both MacVim plugins and those plugins, you'll
        >> have both "Plugin" and "Plug-Ins" in your menu bar. This is weird.
        >
        > Yep. Have a suggestion as to an alternative?

        The MacVim plugins menu could be called "Plugin" as well, and contain
        vim plugin menu entries at the bottom, after a separator. I.e.:

        Plugins:
        General MacVim plugin stuff
        separator
        list of MacVim plugins
        separator
        menu entries of vim plugins

        Nico

      • Matt Tolton
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
          > Plugins:
          > General MacVim plugin stuff
          > separator
          > list of MacVim plugins
          > separator
          > menu entries of vim plugins

          I assume "list of MacVim plugins" just means "menu entries added by
          MacVim plugins"? Is that correct?

        • Nico Weber
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
            >> Plugins:
            >> General MacVim plugin stuff
            >> separator
            >> list of MacVim plugins
            >> separator
            >> menu entries of vim plugins
            >
            > I assume "list of MacVim plugins" just means "menu entries added by
            > MacVim plugins"? Is that correct?

            Yes.

          • George Harker
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
              Plugin stuff looks awesome.

              One small thing - I couldn't tell how to reopen the drawer if I close
              it. I may just be stupidly missing it

              Cheers

              George

              On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:

              >>> Plugins:
              >>> General MacVim plugin stuff
              >>> separator
              >>> list of MacVim plugins
              >>> separator
              >>> menu entries of vim plugins
              >>
              >> I assume "list of MacVim plugins" just means "menu entries added by
              >> MacVim plugins"? Is that correct?
              >
              > Yes.

            • Matt Tolton
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 1, 2008
                Hi George,

                > One small thing - I couldn't tell how to reopen the drawer if I close
                > it. I may just be stupidly missing it

                Right now there isn't a way to reopen it. I will be adding this sometime soon.

                Matt