Re: Vim version 5.7a ready for BETA testing

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2000
      Kenichi Asai wrote:

      > >> (1) Compilation Warning for Vim 68k
      > >
      > >I see the problem. It looks like this change is required:
      >
      > The warning has now disappeared with this patch. (But I do not
      > know what the code here actually does. Thus, I can only report that
      > the warning disappeared.)

      In version 5.6 the argument to gui_send_mouse_event() was MOUSE_LEFT. When
      USE_CTRLCLICKMENU is not defined it should stay that way, thus vimButton must
      be initialised to MOUSE_LEFT.

      > >Please tell me what to include in the distribution. Preferably something
      > >that will work for most people and isn't a binary file. Perhaps
      > >os_mac.cw5.hqx?
      >
      > I would recommend to include Dany's
      >
      > http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/5.6/mac01.cw5.mcp.sit.hqx
      >
      > possibly renaming it to os_mac.cw5.sit.hqx. (I would also want to
      > rename the archived project file "vim-5.6.mcp" to "vim.mcp" or
      > something.) But this choice might exclude those who work on older
      > versions of CodeWarrior. I do not know if there is any common format
      > for the new and old CodeWarrior project files.

      I recall that someone mentioned that they are not compatible. Since I don't
      want to include too many files, I would prefer to include one that works for
      most people. Including that os_mac.cw5.sit.hqx file sounds alright to me.
      Anyone care to comment on this?

      > >Could you make this a bit more verbose and in a form I can include it in the
      > >src/README.mac file? I'm sure this will help many people trying to compile
      > >Vim on their Mac.
      >
      > I attach below a tentative src/INSTALL.mac file, which I made from the
      > original src/INSTALL.mac. Please revise it, add missing information,
      > correct my English, or do whatever you want.

      Looks good, I'll include it. The extension .mac make Vim detect the wrong
      file type, I'll rename it to INSTALL_mac.txt.

      > In particular,
      >
      > - I do not know if this note is still necessary:
      >
      > >NOTE: Users of more recent CodeWarrior version may have to reset the library
      > > path, and change the mch_delay in os_mac.c so the finalTick is unsigned.
      >
      > I did not have to do this with my CodeWarrior.

      I have no idea. If anyone knows this, please let us know.

      > - Perhaps, we want to rename the file to "src/COMPILE.mac" and change
      > the header to:
      >
      > >COMPILE - Compilation of Vim on Macintosh
      >
      > rather than INSTALL.

      This is a historic thing. The "autoconf" stuff always uses the "INSTALL" file
      for these intstructions, even though it's about compiling from sources. I
      have added remarks in the README*.txt files in the top directory, anyone who
      reads this will find the hint about the INSTALL files. I think that renaming
      the files to COMPILE* will confuse more people that it will help people.

      11. You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word
      processor.com