Multiple Sessions?

  • Anna Schwind
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2003
      Greetings -

      I've been using the Carbon version of Vim for several months now, and I
      love it, but I'm having one particular problem with it that I hope
      someone here can solve for me.

      Typically, I use the recommended open -a vim foo.txt to edit files, but
      I find that I cannot seem to start more than one session at a time by
      this method. I can split-open all day long, but under linux I have come
      into the habit of having multiple vim sessions (separate windows) open
      at once. Can someone give me indications on how to do this under Mac OS
      X?

      Particulars :
      Mac OS X 10.1.5
      VIM 6.1.184

      Many thanks,
      Anna
      --
      Anna Schwind <aschwind@...>
      Mississippi Department of Archives & History
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2003
        Have you tried bypassing 'open' and just calling vim
        directly from the command line? You'd probably need to
        find the full path of the vim command if it isn't in
        your environment PATH variable.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com