Re: How to set defaults?

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26 1:51 PM
      >> Yea but... Where do I put that to make it work everytime?
      >
      > In a file in your home directory called .vimrc. For example, you can
      > use vim to edit that file with
      >
      > :e ~/.vimrc
      >
      > Vim reads the contents of this file when it starts up; for more info
      > see
      >
      > :help vimrc-intro
      >
      > Good luck!

      some more information: ~/.vimrc is loaded every time you launch vim
      (that is, either MacVim or vim in Terminal.app), and ~/.gvimrc is
      loaded only when you use MacVim (or another vim GUI). '~' is unix-
      speak for your home directory.

      You can also call your .vimrc file _vimrc, that way you can see it in
      the Finder (likewise, .gvimrc can be called _gvimrc) as well.

      Nico