[patch] Re: patchmode truncates filename

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 13, 2002
      Ed Ralston wrote:

      > The following patch fixes a problem with 'patchmode'
      > truncating long filenames on MacOSX built
      > with the Carbon GUI.

      Thanks, I'll include it.

      11. Specify that your drive-through order is "to go".

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 17, 2002

        Sorry, I have lost some of my e-mail. I saved the patch, though,
        and tried it out. I do not have time to explore this more right now,
        but here is the strange output of
        :let @* = system("ls") :

        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.originalfile
        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.txt
        fjdskanffnhjakfbnjsdakvnjf.originalfile
        fjdskanffnhjakfbnjsdakvnjfgnrjwvnjfkanvjksad.txt

        More strangeness: when I simply do

        :ls

        many of the longer files are not listed.

        Details: I got this lovely collection if files by doing

        :set patchmode=.originalfile
        :e abc...txt
        <add a line>
        :w