Indenting

  • . nathan .
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2002
      Hello all,

      I am wondering if this indenting quirk is just me or if others are
      experiencing it.

      In java/C mode, if I have the following section of code:

      if (....) {
      if (...) {
      doStuff
      }
      }

      This indent fine. However if I do:

      if (...) {
      //if (...) { or /* if (...) { */
      doStruff
      }

      Notice that in the second example, "doStuff" is aligned up with the
      curly braces from the external if statement. I don't think vim is
      catching the fact that the { is commented out.

      I'm not sure if this is a hard problem to solve, hence it's never been
      fixed and accepted as a quirk. Or if no one has noticed it.

      Any thoughts?
      .nathan.
      --
      echo "dotNathanDot" | sed 's/ot/ork/g'
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2002
        . nathan . wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I am wondering if this indenting quirk is just me or if others are
        > experiencing it.

        Since this is not Mac-specific, please re-post to
        mailto:vim@...
        (the vim users' list).

        --Benji Fisher