Re: [patch] Re: patchmode truncates filename

  • R. Edward Ralston
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 13, 2002
      On 2002-11-13 09:55:22, Benji Fisher <benji@...> wrote:
      > Thank you! If this patch works for me, I will post new
      > binaries soon. (It has been a while...) What is the logic
      > behind the definition of BASENAMELEN ? I assume -5 is to allow
      > for the extension; it that guaranteed to be enough? Do we not
      > need -1 for the "."?
      >
      > --Benji Fisher

      I think that the "-5" isn't for the extension, but instead
      is used when the leading "." and trailing ".swp" are added
      to create the associated swap filename.

      -e

      --
      R. Edward Ralston <eralston@...>
      Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second time
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 13, 2002
        Ed Ralston wrote:

        > The following patch fixes a problem with 'patchmode'
        > truncating long filenames on MacOSX built
        > with the Carbon GUI.

        Thanks, I'll include it.

        11. Specify that your drive-through order is "to go".

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 17, 2002

          Sorry, I have lost some of my e-mail. I saved the patch, though,
          and tried it out. I do not have time to explore this more right now,
          but here is the strange output of
          :let @* = system("ls") :

          abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.originalfile
          abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.txt
          fjdskanffnhjakfbnjsdakvnjf.originalfile
          fjdskanffnhjakfbnjsdakvnjfgnrjwvnjfkanvjksad.txt

          More strangeness: when I simply do

          :ls

          many of the longer files are not listed.

          Details: I got this lovely collection if files by doing

          :set patchmode=.originalfile
          :e abc...txt
          <add a line>
          :w