Re: Porting vim

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2002
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Matt Spong wrote:
      >
      > > I am interesting in doing a "real" port of vim to OS X, as a true Cocoa
      > > application instead of the current (unsatisfactory) Carbon port. Are
      > > there any resources with information on vim's internals or information
      > > on porting to a new GUI platform, or should I just dive straight into
      > > the code and look around?
      >
      > The file src/README.txt should be helpful. And look into the other GUI
      > ports for examples. If you don't think integrating with gui_mac.c is a
      > good idea, you should probably copy one of the "gui_*.c" files and start
      > changing it.
      [snip]

      If you want to work on a Cocoa port, please also subscribe to
      mailto:vim-mac-subscribe@... . Some others have already expressed
      an interest in a Cocoa version, although I have not heard of any
      progress. Maybe it only needs someone to get the ball rolling.

      Was there ever a gvim for NeXT? That might be a better place to
      start.

      --Benji Fisher

      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX