Fwd: How do I donate to the project?

  • Mark Wilden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008
      On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Ted Pavlic <ted@...> wrote:

      With TextMate, you hand your money off to a faceless company who may or may not listen to your
      feature requests.

      I agree with the rest of what you wrote, but this part requires some correction.

      TextMate is actually one guy, and therein lies some of its strengths and weaknesses. I practically switched from Windows to Mac on the strength of the great things I heard about TextMate. I was very disappointed. For example, I believe a recent version added translucent windows. Great - except that you still can't view two files at once (something we take completely for granted with Vim). The author, who is quite visible in the TextMate community, is working on that....

      I describe TextMate as the worst program people love that I've ever used. But it's not by a faceless company. Nor, of course, is it open source. That shows.

      ///ark