Re: Vim6.1 compiling on OS X 10.2

  • ewitness - Ben Fowler
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 27, 2002
      At 7:45 pm +0200 27/9/02, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >Ben Fowler wrote:
      >
      >> > ... I think we need to compile with -lncurses on 10.2, without it on 10.1. ...
      >>
      >> I believe that this statement is correct. Obviously as I currently only
      >> use 10.2, I cannot lay down the law for schemes that work equally
      >> well on both platforms. You may want to take it up with the Project
      >> Builder people
      >> who might know how to get the best out of gcc under these circumstances.
      >
      >Note that Vim only needs a few tty functions. I think they are
      >tgetent(), tgetnum() and tgetstr(). Using the curses library is a bit
      >of overkill. Perhaps there is another library that provides these
      >functions and is available both on 10.1 and 10.2? Mostly it's termcap.

      I'll pick this up.

      This is obviously the right way to go; but it seems (and I put it
      no more strongly then that), that 10.2 has termcap and 10.1 does not.

      I do think that it should be possible to do without the curses library;
      It is simply going to be rather difficult to verify until someone
      takes a candidate solution and shows that it runs on 10.1 .

      Ben.

      Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114