Re: patches for Mac OSX

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2002
      On Monday, September 16, 2002, at 05:47 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:

      >> cleanup.diff
      >> Credits: Ben Fowler<br>
      >> Purpose: Don't include Classic only headers.
      >> Remove superfluous arithmetic comparison on pixelvalues.
      >> Remove references to several unused variables.
      >> Fix double definition of DEFAULT_TERM<br>
      >> Notes: This patch needs further testing, e.g. on Mac Classic.
      >> We need more work on DEFAULT_TERM; can we get it defined
      >> correctly for non-GUI vim on Mac OSX?
      >
      > This one does a little bit too much:
      >
      > *** 5188,5203 ****
      > */
      >
      > CInfoPBRec theCPB;
      > ! Str255 directoryName;
      > ! char_u temporary[255];
      > ! /* char filename[255]; */
      > char_u fname[256];
      > ! char_u *temporaryPtr = temporary;
      > char_u *filenamePtr = fname;
      > OSErr error;
      > int folder = 1;
      > #ifdef USE_UNIXFILENAME
      > ! char *p;
      > SInt16 dfltVol_vRefNum;
      > SInt32 dfltVol_dirID;
      > FSRef refFile;
      > --- 5192,5207 ----
      > */
      >
      > CInfoPBRec theCPB;
      > ! Str255 directoryName; /* Needed in Classic ak*/
      > ! char_u temporary[255]; /* Needed in Classic ak*/
      > ! /* char filename[255]; */
      > char_u fname[256];
      > ! char_u *temporaryPtr = temporary; /* Needed in Classic ak*/
      > char_u *filenamePtr = fname;
      > OSErr error;
      > int folder = 1;
      > #ifdef USE_UNIXFILENAME
      > ! /* char *p; BPF unused */
      > SInt16 dfltVol_vRefNum;
      > SInt32 dfltVol_dirID;
      > FSRef refFile;

      I incorporated the changes suggested and posted an updated
      cleanup.diff on
      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX

      Axel: Please check that I got it right. I think that vim should
      compile on Classic with this patch.

      Ben: I leave it to you to tinker further with this. Maybe the
      variables needed on Classic but not on OSX should be declared inside an
      #if, or maybe there is a more comprehensive solution.

      --Benji Fisher