Re: Patch to teach QuickLook that .vim files are plain text

  • bj√∂rn
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2008
      2008/5/26 Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...>:
      > it's annoying that QuickLook can't preview .vim files. Here's a patch
      > that teaches QuickLook that .vim files contain plain text. As far as I
      > understand, with this patch Spotlight does now search inside of .vim
      > files as well.

      Thanks for the patch...I've merged&pushed it.

      > ps: This assigns the UTI org.vim.vim to .vim files. I guess that's ok
      > with everyone? Should that be mentioned somewhere in `:h macvim`?
      > Other file types could be added to the UTExportedTypeDeclarations
      > section too, but we have to make sure that we use the UTIs that
      > everyone uses.

      org.vim.vim seems good to me. I don't think a help section on this is
      strictly necessary but if you insist and send me a patch I won't
      refuse to merge it. ;-)

      > pps: Should we add more UTI tags like UTTypeReferenceURL? ( http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/understanding_utis/understand_utis_conc/chapter_2_section_4.html
      > )

      I have no understanding of these issues...I quickly glossed over the
      text in the link you sent but I don't feel much wiser. Which
      "reference document" would you use for UTTypeReferenceURL anyway? My
      (uniformed) opinion is that it doesn't seem necessary.