:set term=... in MacVim

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2002
      Help!

      I am trying to figure out the 'term' option in the various versions
      of MacVim:

      1. Classic
      2. Terminal.app and XDarwin/xterm on OSX
      3. Carbon (Aqua) and XDarwin/gvim on OSX
      4. OSX 10.1 vs. 10.2

      I think that the value of 'term' should be set automatically to the
      right thing in all the GUI versions 1 and 3). On my version,

      :set term?

      returns "builtin_gui". Maybe 'term' should be set to "ansi" in
      XDarwin/xterm and "beos-ansi" in Terminal.app?

      Please let me know what works on your system, even if it just
      confirms what I just said. Do not reply to the list; I'll post the
      results when they are all in.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Rain Dog
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2002
        Attached is a patch to gui_mac.c (current CVS version) that addresses
        two issues with scroll bars. First, it fixes a bug (a null pointer
        dereference) that can crash Vim when a horizontal scroll bar is used.
        Second, for Carbon builds of Vim, it enables "live scrolling", so that
        your document scrolls as you drag the thumb in the scroll bar.

        I've tested this patch with Vim for OSX 10.2.2 only, but I wouldn't
        expect it to cause problems for any other version. (Live scrolling
        doesn't actually require Carbon, only the Appearance Manager, which
        dates back to OS8.)

        ---------- 8< ---------- 8< ---------- 8< ---------- 8< ----------

        *** gui_mac.c Sat Nov 30 12:21:04 2002
        --- gui_mac.c Sun Dec 8 17:54:50 2002
        ***************
        *** 1560,1566 ****
        else /* Bottom scrollbar */
        {
        sb_info = sb;
        ! page = W_WIDTH(sb->wp) - 5;
        }

        switch (partCode)
        --- 1560,1566 ----
        else /* Bottom scrollbar */
        {
        sb_info = sb;
        ! page = W_WIDTH(curwin) - 5;
        }

        switch (partCode)
        ***************
        *** 4302,4308 ****
        --- 4302,4312 ----
        0, /* current*/
        0, /* top */
        0, /* bottom */
        + #ifdef USE_CARBONIZED
        + kControlScrollBarLiveProc,
        + #else
        scrollBarProc,
        + #endif
        (long) sb->ident);
        #ifdef DEBUG_MAC_SB
        printf ("create_sb (%x) %x\n",sb->id, orient);
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
          Rain Dog wrote:
          > Attached is a patch to gui_mac.c (current CVS version) that addresses
          > two issues with scroll bars. First, it fixes a bug (a null pointer
          > dereference) that can crash Vim when a horizontal scroll bar is used.
          > Second, for Carbon builds of Vim, it enables "live scrolling", so that
          > your document scrolls as you drag the thumb in the scroll bar.
          >
          > I've tested this patch with Vim for OSX 10.2.2 only, but I wouldn't
          > expect it to cause problems for any other version. (Live scrolling
          > doesn't actually require Carbon, only the Appearance Manager, which
          > dates back to OS8.)

          [patch snipped]

          This works for me on OSX 10.2.3. I will post the patch and an
          updated binary soon. TODO: I have not yet tried to reproduce the crash.

          --Benji Fisher