Re: --remote over network

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2008
      > As far as I understand, the "normal" unix version of vim does not use
      > unix sockets for --remote, but uses the X11 protocol. You can probably
      > somehow compile a X11 version of vim for OS X and use that with
      > X11.app, that might work for you.

      I do that (compile Vim for X11 on Mac OS X and use the +clientserver feature) so
      it most certainly is possible. Some Vim source needs to be patched, though, and
      the change hasn't made it into the official patches yet (it is on Bram's to do
      list). See here if you're interested

      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/msg/f4896220329d18e6

      Ben.