Re: Scripts / Plug-in recommendations?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2008
      2008/5/18 geoffrey.sanker@... <geoffrey.sanker@...>:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I use plain vim on servers quite a lot and am very pleased that a Mac
      > port is available - thanks for the great work!
      >
      > Although I know that there is a great number of scripts and plug-ins
      > available for vim that should also work on MacVim, I wonder whether
      > there are any recommendations on how to best combine the two worlds of
      > vim and OS X? I didn't see that in the FAQ, so I wonder whether the
      > experienced MacVim users could share their experiences and
      > preferences?

      I don't really have many tips, but all plug-ins should work on MacVim
      (with the exception that plugins that heavily modify menus might not
      work as well as you'd wish).

      Here are some OS X things that I wish I'd know about earlier (and that
      are useful in MacVim):

      The Find pasteboard: Whenever you search for text in OS X it is added
      to the find pasteboard which is shared between all apps. Thus if you
      search for something in one app you can simply hit Cmd-g in another
      app to search for the same string. This works with MacVim as well.
      You can copy the selected text to the find pasteboard by hitting
      Cmd-e.

      Switching between windows in one app: On a US keyboard you can hit
      Cmd-` (that's the "tilde key") to switch between windows like Cmd-Tab
      does, but it only cycles through the windows of the active app.

      Hmmm...can't think of much more at the moment but those two things may
      come in handy.