Fwd: How do I set up auto-completion in MacVim?

  • Mark Wilden
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2008
      On May 12, 2008, at 2:13 AM, Nico Weber wrote:

      > If there are several matches, they are displayed in a popup menu. You
      > can use either the arrow keys or C-n/C-p to scroll through the list.
      > C-
      > e closes the completion popup without selecting a match, C-y selects
      > the current match (simply hitting space usually selects the current
      > match too).

      You can also just continue typing and that character will be inserted
      or used as normal. Typing space is an example of that. Typing C-y
      (which I didn't know about) is useful if you don't know what you want
      to type next.

      This can be disconcerting if you're used to completion behavior in
      other editors. For example, typing Esc doesn't cancel the completion -
      it accepts it and takes you out of insert mode. Hitting CR accepts the
      completion , but also inserts a CR, etc.

      ///ark