Re: Noob Questions, Sorry.

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2008
      Hi,

      > I've just started with MacVim and am totally new to anything like Vim.
      > I'm fairly comfortable using the terminal (the parallels b/t MacVim &
      > terminal feel are very helpful).

      In Terminal.app, you can type `vimtutor` to see a tutorial for vim
      (it's in terminal vim though -- but everything you learn there should
      work in MacVim too). It's a great way to get started using vim.

      Your original question has already been answered by Bjorn, see his
      mail in this thread.

      HTH,
      Nico

    • dacresni
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2008
        .

        > In Terminal.app, you can type `vimtutor` to see a tutorial for vim
        > (it's in terminal vim though -- but everything you learn there should
        > work in MacVim too). It's a great way to get started using vim.
        > HTH,
        > Nico

        careful, vimtutor may be vim6.4 if your in Tiger then you'll have to
        install 7.x from macports or osxforge
      • dacresni
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2008
          i mean macforge