this might help command-line parsing for the gui

  • dacresni
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 12:59 PM
      http://www.dribin.org/dave/software/ddcli/api/

      this is the documentation for a bit of helper code for parsing command
      line arguments in Cocoa apps. It relies on Key-Value-Coding so it
      might be a hazard for the GnuStep people.
    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5 1:08 PM

        > http://www.dribin.org/dave/software/ddcli/api/
        >
        > this is the documentation for a bit of helper code for parsing command
        > line arguments in Cocoa apps. It relies on Key-Value-Coding so it
        > might be a hazard for the GnuStep people.

        Huh? Does MacVim's command line parsing not work for you? What
        problems do you see?

        (The command line parsing stuff is done by vim's core, which is
        identical on all platforms, so we cannot replace it with a cocoa
        library.)

        Nico

      • dacresni
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5 9:02 PM
          I was thinking about commands that are intercepted by the Cocoa app I
          guess im thinking of this in reverse, i was wondering if we could get
          this app to work without mvim and I saw this as a better way to get
          this app to run from a command line as well as from a finder window.
          either way, I thought this app launches the vim process with arguments
          that could be passed from the arguments that MacVim.app was launched
          with. (i forgot that you can't open the app from the command line.)