Re: using Mac OS x print handler

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2008
      björn wrote:
      > 2008/5/2 John Velman <velman@...>:
      >> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 01:27:03PM -0700, srinath.vadlamani@... wrote:
      >> >
      >> > I was wondering if there is a way to get the "print" functionality
      >> > like other applications on mac os x. This means that when one presses
      >> > apple-P, a menu comes up with printer selection, page configuration...
      >> > same menu I see for most apps.
      >> >
      >> > Thanks in advance,
      >> > <>Srinath
      >>
      >> I also would like this, but hadn't gotten around to sending the question!
      >
      > This is one of the bigger issues on my todo list. It's good to get
      > requests for it though so that I know somebody wants that feature.

      Yeah, it would be very cool, particularly if font and size and so on can be
      chosen. Needs to integrate with Vim's existent postscript printing abilities, I guess.

      :help postscript-printing

      There's heaps of room for improvement in this area. Would be best to make the
      improvements in Vim core if possible. Maybe I'll have a look at it at some stage
      because, for instance, I'd find utf-8 printing from Vim quite handy if it truly
      worked.

      Ben.