Re: MacVim doesn't launch a New Window

  • Mark Wilden
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2 4:02 PM
      On May 2, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Nico Weber wrote:

      >> I'm using snapshot 26 w/ Leopard 10.5.2 and when MacVim launches it
      >> does not open a new window. In fact, if I select New Window from the
      >> File menu it doesn't work either.
      >
      > you probably have Logitech Control Center installed

      I subscribe to mailing lists for two products (the other one is
      Quicksilver) and LCC messes both of them up. Given that, would it be
      possible to detect LCC and preemptively warn the user?

      ///ark

      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 7:14 AM
        2008/5/2 Mark Wilden <mark@...>:

        > On May 2, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Nico Weber wrote:
        >
        > >> I'm using snapshot 26 w/ Leopard 10.5.2 and when MacVim launches it
        > >> does not open a new window. In fact, if I select New Window from the
        > >> File menu it doesn't work either.
        > >
        > > you probably have Logitech Control Center installed
        >
        > I subscribe to mailing lists for two products (the other one is
        > Quicksilver) and LCC messes both of them up. Given that, would it be
        > possible to detect LCC and preemptively warn the user?

        Nico posted a link to some information regarding LCC earlier. I read
        that and think that I know how to work around the LCC now...we'll see
        how it goes.

        /Björn

      • dacresni
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3 1:59 PM
          Does this "controle center " lock up a lot of IPC channels or
          something?

          Message 4 of 6 , May 4 1:30 AM
            > Does this "controle center " lock up a lot of IPC channels or
            > something?

            .

            Nico