using Mac OS x print handler

  • srinath.vadlamani@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2008
      I was wondering if there is a way to get the "print" functionality
      like other applications on mac os x. This means that when one presses
      apple-P, a menu comes up with printer selection, page configuration...
      same menu I see for most apps.

      Thanks in advance,
      <>Srinath
    • John Velman
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2008
        On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 01:27:03PM -0700, srinath.vadlamani@... wrote:

        > I was wondering if there is a way to get the "print" functionality
        > like other applications on mac os x. This means that when one presses
        > apple-P, a menu comes up with printer selection, page configuration...
        > same menu I see for most apps.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > <>Srinath

        I also would like this, but hadn't gotten around to sending the question!

        Thanks,

        John Velman

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2008
          2008/5/2 John Velman <velman@...>:

          > On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 01:27:03PM -0700, srinath.vadlamani@... wrote:
          > >
          > > I was wondering if there is a way to get the "print" functionality
          > > like other applications on mac os x. This means that when one presses
          > > apple-P, a menu comes up with printer selection, page configuration...
          > > same menu I see for most apps.
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance,
          > > <>Srinath
          >
          > I also would like this, but hadn't gotten around to sending the question!

          This is one of the bigger issues on my todo list. It's good to get
          requests for it though so that I know somebody wants that feature.

          /Björn

        • Ben Schmidt
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2008
            björn wrote:
            > 2008/5/2 John Velman <velman@...>:
            >> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 01:27:03PM -0700, srinath.vadlamani@... wrote:
            >> >
            >> > I was wondering if there is a way to get the "print" functionality
            >> > like other applications on mac os x. This means that when one presses
            >> > apple-P, a menu comes up with printer selection, page configuration...
            >> > same menu I see for most apps.
            >> >
            >> > Thanks in advance,
            >> > <>Srinath
            >>
            >> I also would like this, but hadn't gotten around to sending the question!
            >
            > This is one of the bigger issues on my todo list. It's good to get
            > requests for it though so that I know somebody wants that feature.

            Yeah, it would be very cool, particularly if font and size and so on can be
            chosen. Needs to integrate with Vim's existent postscript printing abilities, I guess.

            :help postscript-printing

            There's heaps of room for improvement in this area. Would be best to make the
            improvements in Vim core if possible. Maybe I'll have a look at it at some stage
            because, for instance, I'd find utf-8 printing from Vim quite handy if it truly
            worked.

            Ben.