font bold all of a sudden

  • Nico Galoppo
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008

      Somehow I hit a weird keycombo while Vim was in a makeprg process. It
      froze, and when I restart it, all fonts are bold all of a sudden. Even
      if I try to change the font, they all show up bold. Does anyone have a
      clue to what I've done? I may have changed an OS X setting, I don't
      know.

      Thanks,

      --nico
    • Sven Guckes
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2008
        * Nico Galoppo <ngaloppo@...> [2008-05-02 00:25]:
        > Somehow I hit a weird keycombo while Vim was in a makeprg process.
        > It froze, and when I restart it, all fonts are bold all of a sudden.
        > Even if I try to change the font, they all show up bold.
        > Does anyone have a clue to what I've done?
        > I may have changed an OS X setting, I don't know.

        what do we get if we can guess what you typed?

        please try to reproduce the problem
        and then let us know what you typed.
        it's a lot easier to fix bugs then.

        but i can relate... i was in that situation myself
        now and then.. (more "then" than "now" though ;-).
        if vim had some kind of "input memory" which could
        be asked via a register - then maybe we'll
        find out what our typos were more easily.

        Bram - can you give such a register for Vim8?

        Sven