Re: linking problems with patch 6.1.156

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 15, 2002
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > > How did FEAT_MBYTE_IME get defined? That should only happen for
      > > MS-Windows.
      >
      > I am not sure exactly where FEAT_MBYTE_IME gets defined, but I think it
      > comes from patch 6.1.076. That patch (along with some other effects)
      > added Muraoka Taro's IME support to the OSX version of vim. Give me a
      > day or two, and I will recommend a few patches for OSX. (I will
      > recommend some for inclusion and some for further study/testing.)

      Good. It is about time we include all the patches, so that we have a
      common version to do further work on.

      --
      DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
      watery tart threw a sword at you!

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 15, 2002
        Muraoka Taro wrote:

        > > How did FEAT_MBYTE_IME get defined? That should only happen for
        > > MS-Windows.
        >
        > Ah, it may be defined in Make_osx.mak that I had sended before.
        > In that patches, I had implemented input method control
        > and use FEAT_MBYTE_IME for that.

        I see. Perhaps it's better to do this in feature.h, so that this is all
        in one place. At least it should be mentioned there that this is also
        used for the Mac.

        --
        ARTHUR: Now stand aside worthy adversary.
        BLACK KNIGHT: (Glancing at his shoulder) 'Tis but a scratch.