Re: upgrading vim from Leopard default installation to Macports

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 4, 2008
      vivacarlie wrote:
      > I would resent saying that macports VIM is inferior to mac vim because
      > sometimes you just want a console window.

      Nobody did, did they?

      That said, MacVim can run in console mode.

      I still use console Vim more than any other, but my main console Vim has the GTK2
      GUI compiled in, which I use from time to time, and I am using MacVim more and
      more frequently, too. I think MacVim has the potential to satisfy all my Vim needs
      at some future stage.

      Ben.