Re: TextMate-like project drawer for MacVim?

  • Ted Pavlic
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
      Ted Pavlic wrote:
      >> The only thing I'm really missing - what Textmate offers - is a way
      >> to compile LaTeX documents and automatically jumping to the pdf for
      >> previewing. But the vim project offers more project viewers then
      >> emacs :-). So... we rock.
      > The latter post applies most directly with your request.

      Oh, and if I didn't make it clear, compiling via '\ll' automatically
      figures out how many times to run LaTeX and when to run bibtex/makeindex.

      I've modified my own compiler.vim to run makeindex on glossaries/symbol
      lists/etc. automatically as well.

      If a Makefile is in your project directory, '\ll' will override its
      normal rules and will run issue "make (target)" instead (where
      "(target)" is "dvi", "pdf", or "ps"). If a Makefile is NOT in the
      directory but multiple TeX files are, if one of those TeX files exists
      alongside a file with the same name but ending in ".latexmain" instead
      of ".tex," that TeX file will be used to build the project.

      --Ted

      --
      Ted Pavlic <ted@...>