Mac maps

    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2000
      Mac Vimmers:

      1. I have defined a lot of mappings for MacVim. I am almost done
      emulating the keyboard shortcuts available in SimpleText. My mac.vim is
      attached. (There are some lines at the top and bottom that you should
      modify or delete.) If you are interested, please test these. Only
      <D-h> was tricky...

      Axel: Please consider adding these to the standard mac.vim (or whatever
      it is called).

      2. I wrote a simple Strftime() function for making time stamps when
      editing on the Mac. It assumes that localtime() is implemented, even
      though strftime() is not. It works on the G3 at work and on the Quadra
      at home. If you are interested, you can get MacDate.vim from my vim page,
      http://sites.netscape.net/benjif/vim/
      If you try it out, please let me know how well it works, whether for
      good or ill!

      --Benji Fisher
    • Sven Guckes
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2000
        * Benji Fisher <fisherbb@...> [000523 20:30]:
        > 1. I have defined a lot of mappings for MacVim. I am almost
        > done emulating the keyboard shortcuts available in SimpleText.

        Nice! :-)

        > My mac.vim is attached. [...] If you are interested,
        > please test these. Only <D-h> was tricky...

        I just noticed that ":help <>" does not mention "<D-h>" at all.

        > 2. I wrote a simple Strftime() function for
        > making time stamps when editing on the Mac.

        I am sure many users want this. Thanks! :-)

        Sven
      • Axel Kielhorn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
          At 22:30 Uhr +0200 2000-05-23, Benji Fisher wrote:
          >Mac Vimmers:

          >2. I wrote a simple Strftime() function for making time stamps when
          >editing on the Mac. It assumes that localtime() is implemented, even
          >though strftime() is not. It works on the G3 at work and on the Quadra
          >at home. If you are interested, you can get MacDate.vim from my vim page,
          >http://sites.netscape.net/benjif/vim/
          >If you try it out, please let me know how well it works, whether for
          >good or ill!

          Hi Benji,

          I am pleased to tell you that I have a version of MacVim that supports
          strftime(). It was easy to fix, I just put:

          /* Define if you have the strftime() function. */
          #define HAVE_STRFTIME

          into the defs.h file.

          Sorry it took me so long.

          You will find it on my Webpage, the archive contains only the PPC binary.

          http://www.tu-bs.de/~i0080108/macvim.html

          Axel

          --
          Adults get far more pleasure from adultery
          than children do from infancy
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2000
            On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 05:11:53PM +0200, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
            :
            :I am pleased to tell you that I have a version of MacVim that supports
            :strftime(). It was easy to fix, I just put:
            :
            :/* Define if you have the strftime() function. */
            :#define HAVE_STRFTIME
            :
            :into the defs.h file.
            :
            :Sorry it took me so long.
            :
            :You will find it on my Webpage, the archive contains only the PPC binary.
            :
            :http://www.tu-bs.de/~i0080108/macvim.html

            Does the version with the strftime patch including the .72+ patch that
            re-adds support for _vimrc, _gvimrc, and _exrc files?

            --
            Eugene Lee
            eugene@...