Re: MacVim plugin patch

  • Matt Tolton
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1, 2008
      Ok, so I have the basics done. Here is the current plugin protocol:

      @protocol PlugInAppMediator

      - (void)addPlugInMenuItem:(NSMenuItem *)menuItem;

      @end

      @protocol PlugInInstanceMediator

      - (NSString *)evaluateVimExpression:(NSString *)vimExpression;
      - (void)addVimInput:(NSString *)input;
      - (NSWindow *)vimWindow;

      @end

      @protocol PlugInProtocol
      // @required
      + (BOOL)initializePlugIn:(id<PlugInAppMediator>)mediator;
      + (void)terminatePlugIn;

      // @optional
      // - (id)initWithMediator:(id<PlugInInstanceMediator>)mediator;
      @end

      Do you think that I should add some kind of openFile(s) method on the
      instance mediator? How about the app mediator?

      What have I missed? Any more suggestions?

      I am currently working on implementing the addPlugInMenuItem method.
      I am going to go the route of having a menu called "Plug-ins" and that
      is where the menu items will be added.

      Just for fun, I've attached a screenshot of a simple file browsing
      plugin in a drawer.

      Matt

    • Stefan Eletzhofer
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 3, 2008
        Hi,

        Am 02.04.2008 um 19:58 schrieb "Matt Tolton" <matt@...>:

        >> Once I'm home again I'll sit down and think and code that -- if
        >> there's a git repo I can clone from. And some example plugin, perhaps
        >> one which just does an alert box (hint hint).
        >
        > I'll put this up in a git repo at some point. As of now I am just
        > working in a local branch. If you want I can send out a patch that
        > you can apply against the main repo.

        Ok, fine with me.

        > As for a plugin which shows an alert box...I don't think we need to
        > provide this functionality (showing alert boxes) as you can just
        > directly use an NSAlert can't you?

        Sure. I meant that we should provide some sort of very basic example
        plugin, which cocoa-dumb people like me can use as template :)

        Stefan