April Fools' patch

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      I've written a patch that rotates the vim window 90 degree to the left
      when you hit the toggle toolbar button in the upper right corner. The
      idea is that a rotated windows is a better for for today's widescreen
      monitors -- you usually want to see more lines, not more columns when
      programming. However, since MacVim clips the number of permitted lines
      to the screen's height, this patch is a bit useless. But it's fun to
      use :-) And surprisingly, most things work.

      Here's how it looks: http://amnoid.de/tmp/rotate.png (it shows a
      horizontal vim window, despite what the text in the window claims).

      Nico