Re: MacVim plugin patch

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1, 2008
      > isn't it possible to make a branch with his patches applied? otherwise
      > he will have to send a git patch for you to receive his history.

      Putting the branch on forked repository is really simple. Git was
      desinged to make this simple. Matt can create a fork of MacVim.git
      (that's how the developement of the ATSUI renderer started too; see
      the bottom of http://repo.or.cz/w/MacVim.git ). When the plugin stuff
      is somewhat working, Bjorn can do a `git pull` to get all the changes.

      Nico

    • Stefan Eletzhofer
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 3, 2008

        Am 02.04.2008 um 19:58 schrieb "Matt Tolton" <matt@...>:

        >> Once I'm home again I'll sit down and think and code that -- if
        >> there's a git repo I can clone from. And some example plugin, perhaps
        >> one which just does an alert box (hint hint).
        >
        > I'll put this up in a git repo at some point. As of now I am just
        > working in a local branch. If you want I can send out a patch that
        > you can apply against the main repo.

        Ok, fine with me.

        > As for a plugin which shows an alert box...I don't think we need to
        > provide this functionality (showing alert boxes) as you can just
        > directly use an NSAlert can't you?

        Sure. I meant that we should provide some sort of very basic example
        plugin, which cocoa-dumb people like me can use as template :)

        Stefan