Re: Vim patches

  • ewitness - Ben Fowler
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 13, 2002
      At 5:08 pm -0400 13/9/02, Benji Fisher wrote:
      >[ ... ]
      > Sorry, "a week or two" became more like four.
      >
      > I have tested the patch, and it seems to work. (Yay!) I can now do
      >
      >:browse saveas
      >
      >and actually write a file from the GUI file selector. ...

      VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 (2002 Mar 24, compiled 09/11/02 19:54:25)
      MacOS X (unix) version
      Included patches: 1-174

      For me :browse saveas operates the dialogue correctly, and handles
      the case of over-writing an existing file, but does not actually
      write the file. Also the prompt ':browse saveas' does not disappear.

      Ben

      Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 13, 2002
        ewitness - Ben Fowler wrote:

        > At 5:08 pm -0400 13/9/02, Benji Fisher wrote:
        > >[ ... ]
        > > Sorry, "a week or two" became more like four.
        > >
        > > I have tested the patch, and it seems to work. (Yay!) I can now do
        > >
        > >:browse saveas
        > >
        > >and actually write a file from the GUI file selector. ...
        >
        > VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 (2002 Mar 24, compiled 09/11/02 19:54:25)
        > MacOS X (unix) version
        > Included patches: 1-174
        >
        > For me :browse saveas operates the dialogue correctly, and handles
        > the case of over-writing an existing file, but does not actually
        > write the file. Also the prompt ':browse saveas' does not disappear.

        If you want it to work, you have to include the patch that started this
        thread. In a few days, I will post a version of the patch on the web.

        --Benji Fisher
      • ewitness - Ben Fowler
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 13, 2002
          At 8:26 pm -0400 13/9/02, Benji Fisher wrote:
          >ewitness - Ben Fowler wrote:
          >[...]
          > > For me :browse saveas operates the dialogue correctly, and handles
          >> the case of over-writing an existing file, but does not actually
          >> write the file. Also the prompt ':browse saveas' does not disappear.
          >
          > If you want it to work, you have to include the patch that started this
          >thread. In a few days, I will post a version of the patch on the web.

          Indeed.

          I found the patch here:

          It works as advertised.