Weekly download stats

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2008

      here are the weekly stats.

      Daily downloads and pageviews: http://tinyurl.com/23couo
      Total downloads: http://tinyurl.com/ytvtx5
      Total pageviews: http://tinyurl.com/yvvshj

      Page views and downloads are now quite corelated, and snapshot 24 has
      nearly the adoption that snapshot 22 had. If there's no release within
      the next week, snapshot will probably become the snapshot with the
      highest adoption yet.

      Nico

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
        Hi all,

        it's that time of the week again.

        Daily downloads and pageviews: http://tinyurl.com/438eap
        Total downloads: http://tinyurl.com/3zzso5
        Total pageviews: http://tinyurl.com/4dszt4

        As predicted, snapshot 24 is now the most popular snapshot ever. If
        that ain't exciting, I don't know what is.

        Nico

        ps: time for a new snapshot… ;-)
      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2008

          Daily downloads and pageviews: http://tinyurl.com/4emp3s
          Total downloads: http://tinyurl.com/4xhuyc
          Total pageviews: http://tinyurl.com/3qfgx4

          Snapshot 25 passed snapshots 20, 21 and nearly 23. Adoption has been
          good. I guess the adoption of 26 will be slightly worse, because
          people seem not to like updating after just one short week.

          Nico

        • Nico Weber
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2008
            Hi all,

            here are the weekly download stats:

            Daily downloads and pageviews: http://tinyurl.com/4d8jdn
            Total downloads: http://tinyurl.com/4rdeg6
            Total pageviews: http://tinyurl.com/3pya9w

            I ran the script a few minutes too late today, so pretend the last two
            days are just one day. Snapshot 26 is now the most widely distributed
            snapshot. It's one of the snapshots with longer life-time too (three
            weeks and counting -- not much progress in the repo currently, even if
            there's at least one patch just waiting to be included).

            Snapshot 26 featured a new (work in progress) icon. No-one complained
            about the icon yet, which is probably a good thing since a new icon
            can easily lead to a color-of-the-bikeshed discussion. This hasn't
            happened, so I consider the icon as a success ;-) (perhaps except for
            a 2-hour old comment on MacVim's FAQ wiki page: "a) Is this related to
            Macvim.org? b) the icon in the screenshot looks more polished than the
            icon in the app.").

            Nico