Re: Issues with has("macunix")

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 28, 2008
      On 28/03/2008, tao_zhyn <taozhyn@...> wrote:

      > Which is the output I should expect to get.
      > So you are right there is no issue with has('unixmac')

      Good.

      > I read the help section and added the setting it suggested.
      > Everything is working as it should now.
      >
      > Thanks for the help, sorry for missing that help section.

      No worries. These key mappings are kind of unexpected and you have to
      read through a large chunk of the help to find the right section
      (which is kind of hard if you don't already know what you are looking
      for).

      One could argue whether such keybindings should be there or
      not...maybe it would help if I moved them to $VIM/vimrc instead --
      that way they'd be overridden if you add something to ~/.vimrc. Of
      course, then they'd appear in the Terminal version as well. Does
      anybody have any comments on this?

      /Björn

    • Bem Jones-Bey
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 28, 2008
        björn wrote:
        > One could argue whether such keybindings should be there or
        > not...maybe it would help if I moved them to $VIM/vimrc instead --
        > that way they'd be overridden if you add something to ~/.vimrc. Of
        > course, then they'd appear in the Terminal version as well. Does
        > anybody have any comments on this?

        Couldn't you put it in the $VIM/vimrc wrapped in a has("gui_running"),
        and then it wouldn't be in the terminal version?

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 28, 2008
          > One could argue whether such keybindings should be there or
          > not...maybe it would help if I moved them to $VIM/vimrc instead --
          > that way they'd be overridden if you add something to ~/.vimrc. Of
          > course, then they'd appear in the Terminal version as well. Does
          > anybody have any comments on this?

          At least in Terminal.app, the command modifier is not sent to vim
          anyways.

        • Ben Schmidt
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 28, 2008
            > Couldn't you put it in the $VIM/vimrc wrapped in a has("gui_running"),
            > and then it wouldn't be in the terminal version?

            I don't think this works if you issue :gui though.

            But I don't know how common that is either...

            Ben.