Re: International menus (how to change language)

  • Mojca Miklavec
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2008
      On 19 mar., 20:38, Nico Weber wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > > On windows, international menus work automatically.
      >
      > > How can I enable that menu on Mac? I have tried to set
      > > language "sl_SI"
      > > in .vimrc or to put Slovenian on the top of the list (as primary
      > > language) in "international" settings in System Preferences, but it
      > > doesn't help at all.
      >
      > > The file that should be loaded is located under
      > > MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/lang/menu_sl_si.utf-8.vim
      >
      > this doesn't work yet. MacVim uses a different system for the some
      > menus to support displaying hotkeys like ⌘S in the menus and for
      > making the menus blink if you hit this shortcut. This is only
      > available in english for now. You can do `:e $VIM/gvimrc` to take a
      > look at how the existing menu works.

      OK, I see it now. Actually, on windows, one also has CTRL-C, CTRL-V
      etc. to copy-paste, but the menus only show linux shortcuts. I hope
      that there will be a way to use the existing translations + mac
      shortcuts, but maybe this requires a redesign of low-level vim syntak
      for translations?

      Thanks for the hint,
      Mojca

      (I like the cocoa port of vim a lot - I almost abandoned using gvim on
      mac because of the unfriendly user interface)