Re: Messages in May 12-15 - please repost!

  • Eugene Lee
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2000
      On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 01:06:09PM +0200, Sven Guckes wrote:
      :
      :Last week I received a dozen messages from the mailing list
      :manager with requests to approve some posts from you guys.
      [...]
      :Folks, this takes time and work.
      :And I find it reather unnecessary.
      :So, please subscribe to the list properly.

      I didn't realize that all messages on this list have to be approved
      first. It's a lot of extra work. Most mailing lists that I've been on
      that requires human approval per message were lists that tended to get
      very emotional and sometimes devolve into nasty flame wars (e.g. Yamato
      vs. Enterprise, Star Trek vs. Star Wars, Macs vs. Windows :). And I
      just don't see this happening on this mailing list. Would it be okay to
      drop the manual message approval step?

      --
      Eugene Lee
      eugene@...
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2000
        * Eugene Lee <eugene@...> [000519 12:57]:
        > :Last week I received a dozen messages from the mailing list
        > :manager with requests to approve some posts from you guys.
        > :Folks, this takes time and work.
        > :And I find it reather unnecessary.
        > :So, please subscribe to the list properly.
        > I didn't realize that all messages on
        > this list have to be approved first.
        > Would it be okay to drop the manual message approval step?

        Manual approval is not required for this list to "work". In fact,
        this only applied to sender addresses which are *not* subscribed.

        So - I don't mind if you cannot send from your subscribed address
        once in a while. But if you keep sending to the list
        then you should do so from a subscribed address. OK? :-)

        Sven