Re: Vim on Jag

  • Gregory Seidman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2002
      Benji Fisher sez: [...]
      } The change to the vimrc file is my fault. This is supposed to make it
      } more convenient to edit files with (old) mac-style line endings. Did
      } these files have DOS-style line endings? Does anyone have an "ideal"
      } setting for the 'fileformats' option? If ":set ffs+=mac" causes as many
      } problems as it solves, I will not include it in future vimrc files.

      One of the first things I did upon installing vim/macvim is to change the
      line in the vimrc to set fileformats=unix,mac,dos and it has been working
      just fine for my purposes. I don't know if it's ideal, but I haven't had
      line-ending problems with anything. As a matter of fact, I set fileformats
      the same on every system on which I use vim. There is no reason why it
      shouldn't recognize any of the three line-ending schemes, and since the
      first in the list is what new files use by default, I choose unix.

      } --Benji Fisher
      --Greg