Messages in May 12-15 - please repost!

  • Sven Guckes
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2000
      Hi, folks!

      Last week I received a dozen messages from the mailing list
      manager with requests to approve some posts from you guys.

      However, I was too busy to check these messages last week.
      And now that I approved them they are returned to me with
      a note saying that these messages do not exist any more.

      So I have to ask you to resend your messages.
      I will bounce them to you in case you don't
      haven't kep a copy.

      Folks, this takes time and work.
      And I find it reather unnecessary.
      So, please subscribe to the list properly.
      Thanks!

      Sven
    • Eugene Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2000
        On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 01:06:09PM +0200, Sven Guckes wrote:
        :
        :Last week I received a dozen messages from the mailing list
        :manager with requests to approve some posts from you guys.
        [...]
        :Folks, this takes time and work.
        :And I find it reather unnecessary.
        :So, please subscribe to the list properly.

        I didn't realize that all messages on this list have to be approved
        first. It's a lot of extra work. Most mailing lists that I've been on
        that requires human approval per message were lists that tended to get
        very emotional and sometimes devolve into nasty flame wars (e.g. Yamato
        vs. Enterprise, Star Trek vs. Star Wars, Macs vs. Windows :). And I
        just don't see this happening on this mailing list. Would it be okay to
        drop the manual message approval step?

        --
        Eugene Lee
        eugene@...
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2000
          * Eugene Lee <eugene@...> [000519 12:57]:
          > :Last week I received a dozen messages from the mailing list
          > :manager with requests to approve some posts from you guys.
          > :Folks, this takes time and work.
          > :And I find it reather unnecessary.
          > :So, please subscribe to the list properly.
          > I didn't realize that all messages on
          > this list have to be approved first.
          > Would it be okay to drop the manual message approval step?

          Manual approval is not required for this list to "work". In fact,
          this only applied to sender addresses which are *not* subscribed.

          So - I don't mind if you cannot send from your subscribed address
          once in a while. But if you keep sending to the list
          then you should do so from a subscribed address. OK? :-)

          Sven